International Women’s Day 2021 – Contest
As per UNWomen.org report, 2.7 billion women are legally restricted from having the same choice of jobs as men ,as they have long been at the receiving end of biased behaviour. Discrimination against women exists because of stereotypical expectations, behaviours and attitude.
Women are underrepresented in leadership roles in Indian corporate scenario. Despite their participation in higher education, their prominence at the workplace and their investment in human capital is subpar vis-à-vis men.
This International Women’s Day, DevInsights presents an opportunity to highlight the hindrances to women’s upward mobility and this initiative is your chance to break these stereotypes.
#ExpressToInspire the women who were struck down from leadership roles due to prevalent gender stereotypes and biases in their organizations.
Topic: Stereotypes and biases in appointing women leaders in Indian corporate
Submit a short essay of about 400-600 words before 8th of March on email@example.com and stand a chance to get a cash prize of INR 10,000/- plus a certificate.
Rules of the competition:
- Essay must be of not more than 400-600 words.
- Submission should be in English language only. Entries submitted in any other language will not be considered.
- Content should be free of any plagiarism and must be the original work of your own.
- You need to follow the official DevInsights’ LinkedIn handle to become eligible for the entry
- Please provide your full name, address, email id & phone number along with the entry.
The entries would be evaluated by an eminent panel of judges:
- Deepti Priya Mehrotra (Social Scientist, Author , Gender Rights Activist)
- Sumita Hazarika (Advocate, supreme court of India)
#ExpressToInspire #ChooseToChallenge #IWD2021